50th anniversary poems
50th anniversary poems

60th wedding anniversary poems





#1

To my dearest, Deborah Taylor,
On our diamond day.
After sixty years, my sweetheart,
You're still most special in every way.

All these feelings now
Come straight from my heart.
I remember every moment
Right from that wondrous start.

Our meeting, back in high school,
Star struck at a basketball game.
Your beauty blew me away,
Of course, it's still the same.

On that night I followed you,
All the way home before
I got up the courage to say hello,
That was it forever more.

I was a high school senior,
You were a sophomore, yes.
My heart filled up like magic,
I knew you were the best.

Your long blonde hair and deep blue eyes
Lit my heart on fire.
Me…big ears and dimples,
My ardor would never tire.

Off I went to World War II,
We wrote letters every day.
How I missed my true love,
It's still difficult to say.

The war ended, I came home,
We married in '46.
Any way you look at it,
I got myself in the sweetest fix.

Your care and your compassion,
As exquisite as your face.
All my life I always knew
Beside you was my place.

Had ourselves three great children,
Susie, Warren and Steve they are.
Each is wonderful as you are,
Truly, each a star.

They gave us five fabulous grand kids,
Our life has been so great.
Love, fun and adventure,
Every minute just first rate.

Our love of bridge a pleasure,
And travel is our joy.
We saw the world together,
Sweet gal and her loving boy.

If sixty is the diamond anniversary,
It's apt that it comes from coal.
Over time, a lifetime,
My heart, in all ways you stole.

Two kids of the depression,
Who wound up with it all.
Deborah, life with you
Has truly been a ball.

I say it now and mean it,
As bright as the stars above.
Forever you possess me,
You fill me up with love.


#2 Field of Dreams poem

I can't believe it's been sixty years,
it was sixty years ago that you were wed,
and now I've got some thoughts on my mind,
yes, there's a few heartfelt words that need to be said.

Firstly, I just wanted to say thank you,
I'd like to thank you for everything that you've done,
your love has been my inspiration, my light,
in every way you've been my morning sun.

And I know you were forty when I came along,
so you could say I was a little late on the scene,
but all through my life I know I've been blessed,
because I have the greatest parent's there's ever been.

I also know life wasn't all plain sailing,
and at times, those adverse winds blew pretty hard,
but you never let that sorrow get the better of you,
even though you must have felt a little battle scarred.

My sisters and brother were so much older than me,
when I was in kindergarten they were striking out on their own,
in truth, it felt like I was the only child,
and I'm very grateful for all the love that you've shown.

You taught me to love, care and trust people,
I appreciate all the lessons that you've taught,
you shared your values and you taught me to work hard,
and I always knew I had your unconditional support.

Mom, you're simply a wonderful cook,
although, by now, this should come as no surprise,
your homemade bread is to die for,
and of course, who could forget your delicious pies?

The whole family loves your chicken and noodles,
and now you're passing that family tradition on,
you're teaching Kayla and Cody how to make these things,
and your love for them has always brightly shone.

Dad, you've been a hard worker all your life,
quite amazing really, with your broken back,
I know you've lived with a lot of pain,
but stoic determination is a quality you've never lacked.

You built and ran the golf course for seven years,
you took a corn field and made it a field of dreams,
you got up early and worked late every night,
you've always been one of the world's uncomplaining teams.

When I was in high school you were supportive,
you come to every one of my basketball games and golf meets,
in between rounds you'd make lunch for the meets whole team,
no wonder we were so very hard to beat.

When I was going through my divorce,
you took me in, and once again, took care of me,
you were also so very wonderful to Kayla,
you gave me the hope that my future would be a place to be.

And I can never repay for that hope,
I could never say enough thanks for giving me your love,
but I will thank my lucky stars,
because I know I've been blessed by your love.

And I know that we can't all be here tonight,
but their spirit lives on within us all,
and I just wanted to say thank you,
because of your love, I walk about ten feet tall.

And the field of dreams you built back then,
well, now I've got a field of dreams that's all mine,
and I just wanted to say I love you,
but I thought I'd save that to the very last line.

But actually I also wanted to say Happy 60th Anniversary,
I guess that's really what these words are for,
here's to you Mom and Dad, you're wonderful,
and here's to at least another sixty more.